Saturday, 28 April 2012

Take a seat...

Hello!

Y'know how some women love shoes and just have to buy them? 

Well, I love chairs. (I know I'm odd, but I'm mostly harmless:))

When I was a little girl I loved to play with my doll's house. I would spend hours re-arranging the furniture and redesigning the look of the rooms. (Now that I think of it, not much has changed!)

I loved all the tiny furniture and accessories, but my favourite pieces were the chairs. 

I love chairs. 

There is something very appealing about chairs that I just can't resist. Maybe it's the comfort offered by a favourite chair after a long day at work, or the prospect of sitting in a special chair and visiting with treasured friends. I even have a collection of miniature chairs in our family room:



I also have a large collection of real, adult sized chairs. At last count we had roughly 47 chairs scattered throughout our house and garden!



I will show you a few of our favourites:

This is one of a set of four antique chairs that we bought on Gumtree for a few dollars. Can you believe that someone thought they were too old fashioned to keep?!

  
This is one of our Van Gogh chairs:


My favourite reading chair:


A comfy spot to visit in:

 
Our darling daughter's desk chair:
 

I made Hub-a-Lubs turn the car around outside a second hand shop in Margate, South Africa for this cute hand painted chair:


I don't think I'm entirely alone in my love of chairs. Holly seems to agree in her own fluffy way!


Do you have a favourite chair? I'd love to hear from you if you do!

Today is the first anniversary of the day we moved into our home. Maybe I will celebrate by going chair shopping...After all, you can't have enough chairs.


5 comments:

Terry @ La Bella Vie said...

Oh my, I Love chairs too, how odd...we could be so dangerous together!!!
Thought you might enjoy this post I did a while back (when I had more time to blog :O). This is one of our favorite places to hang out on a rainy day...

http://sweetpea-labellavie.blogspot.com/2010/05/sit.html

Enjoy and God Bless!
Terry
PS thank you for remembering my little blog!

A Cozy Cottage in the City said...

Hi Karen,

Hello and how are you, my friend? Happy Anniversary on being in your home!!! How exciting!!! :)

I also love the collection of chairs that you have throughout your home!!! :) Thanks for sharing!


Hugs,
Jessie

Ioana-Carmen said...

Hy beautiful! your blog is so sweet! I was wondering, would you like to follow each other? :X

FashionSpot.ro

Sarah @ Modern Country Style said...

I am a chair fan too!! I have a gorgeous antique chair that my parents are looking after for me until our children are a bit bigger!!

We have a cat called Holly too!! What good taste in cat names we have!!

Sarahx

Sharon @ mrshinesclass said...

What a great idea for a post!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
There was an error in this gadget