Wednesday, 4 January 2012

Serenity courage and wisdom


As we said 'good bye' to 2011 and looked back over the past 12 months we took a few minutes to focus on the many good things that happened last year. My eldest son turned 18,  we bought our very first house here in Australia, I started this blog and made many new friends all over the world and we wrote and passed our Australian citizenship tests. So many blessings to be thankful for. 



And as we take our first tentative steps towards 2012 we take a few minutes to wonder what is in store for us this year.


And whenever I face the unknown, the serenity prayer comes to mind:

God grant me the serenity
to accept the things I cannot change;
courage to change the things I can;
and wisdom to know the difference.
Living one day at a time;
Enjoying one moment at a time;
Accepting hardships as the pathway to peace;
Taking, as He did, this sinful world
as it is, not as I would have it;
Trusting that He will make all things right
if I surrender to His Will;
That I may be reasonably happy in this life
and supremely happy with Him
Forever in the next.
Amen.




 This little guy was posing for the camera at the petting zoo yesterday and we couldn't help admiring his confidence, bravery and beauty.  

So my wish for you for 2012  is a year of serenity, courage and wisdom. May you enjoy life's simple pleasures, the energy to change what bothers you and an appreciation of the magnificent beauty all around us..


5 comments:

Betsy@ coastal-colors said...

Karen, what a lovely post, story and pictures! This is such a sweet reminder of season! I hope this new year is filled with many blessings for you and your family!

Stacey@A Sort Of Fairytale said...

Beautiful sunset photos! All the best to you in 2012!!
:)

Sarah @ Modern Country Style said...

Gorgeous, gorgeous images - and you that one of the peacock is perfection!!

I am so glad 2011 was brilliant for you - here's to 2012!!

Sarahx

Kathryn Ferguson Griffin said...

Wow, you had a lot of milestones last year! And, that peacock...how fantastic! Thank you for the visit and sweet comment @TheDedicatedHouse! As always, it means the world. Hope you have a grand day! Toodles, Kathryn

freckled laundry said...

This is a beautiful post, Karen. 2011 was quite a year for you and I'm wishing you all the best this year. Thank you for your encouraging note! And thank you for the serenity prayer...a peace comes over me whenever I say or read it! Peacock feathers are so majestic.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
There was an error in this gadget